Don’t really feel like writing this one because the more I think about it, the more I realise that there is a lot that I miss!
Anyway in no particular order here are the things that I miss…
- The carefree childhood days – I think every single adult out there misses those days when your biggest worry was bedtime or going to school in the morning lol.
- School days – yes always hated waking up early for school but looking back now they seem so stress-free and fun…and thinking that I laughed when my teachers said that I will miss the school days!
- My family in Pakistan – at the moment for various reasons, half of my family (mom and 3 siblings) live in Pakistan and the other half live here in UK (dad, 2 siblings and me). No parents aren’t separated or anything like that! So obviously when I am here I miss the other half and when I was in Pakistan I missed the ones that were here.
- My extended family – unlike every single Asian person I have met in UK, none of my extended family live here. They all live in Pakistan and I am close to some of them so I do miss them now.
- My crazy baby sister – I know I have mentioned family already but I have to mention her separately just to explain why I miss her more than the others! It is simple, she is more than a sister to me as I had to actually bring her up since she was a newborn as mom was always too busy with work. I think it’s fair to say that the love I have for her is more like a mother’s love for a daughter. Moving back to UK was a tough decision only because it meant leaving her with mom lol. I know it may sound crazy to some people but it is what it is!
- Old friends – as much as I accept that part of growing up is loosing contact with some friends, I hate it! Especially those friends with whom you were really close to but just got so busy with life that you forgot to stay in touch, you still see their pictures on your social media and are glad that they’re well but it is one of those unexplainable things that both of you just like each other’s pictures but hardly talk. Does that make sense?
- My grandfather (dad’s side) – he was literally the best grandfather in the world! Always had treats on him for all the grandchildren. It wasn’t until he passed away that I realised I was his favourite! I mean yeah he always knew my favourite sweet and took me on walks to the park and all but I always assumed that he did that with everyone but on his funeral when everyone said how he would always talk about me and how much he loved me, the penny dropped! Lol! I think that was the first time I cried my eyes out.
What do you guys miss?